Should I Go to the Dealership or an Independent Auto Repair Shop?
4 Myths About Dealership Services
One of the questions we face on a regular basis is: ìWhy shouldnít I just get my car serviced at the dealership?î Itís often assumed that the dealership would be the best option to fix your vehicle; after all they are the ones who sold it to you, right? Doesnít that mean they would be the best ones to repair it?
Weíve all heard the saying about what assuming does to you.
In reality, J&C Auto Service in Downers Grove, IL can service, repair and maintain your automobile just like the dealerships ñ many times with even MORE benefits! Letís take a closer look at some of the assumptions about dealership repair services:
Dealership vs. J&C Auto Service in Downers Grove, IL (Independent Auto Repair Shop)
4 Myths About Why to Bring Your Car to the Dealership for Repair:
1. ìThe dealership knows my car better than an independent auto repair shop.î This isnít true! J&C Auto Service has mechanics who are ASE Master Certified Technicians. Being ASE Master Certified is a higher level of training than many dealership mechanics have, because many of the dealerships employ technicians working for a wage, not building a passionate career.
In addition, not only do the professional mechanics at J&C Auto Service know your vehicle inside and out, they also have advanced knowledge, training and experience with many other vehicle makes and models. This added experience helps us diagnose problems faster based on the simple fact that weíve seen it all though the years!
2. ìThe dealership has better technology to fix my car.î Also not true. We have the same, state-of-the-art automotive repair tools, equipment and information systems as the dealerships. In many cases, our shopís technology and diagnostic equipment actually surpasses the equipment found in typical dealership service departments.
3. ìThe dealershipís mechanics are always busy, so they must be doing good work if people keep using them.î Being busy has nothing to do with quality. What many people donít realize is that the dealershipís service departments are often overloaded fulfilling warranty or recall work for their vehicles, not the providing the ongoing maintenance services that your vehicle needs for a long life.
4. ìI have to go to the dealership because of my new car warranty.î Not true! The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act legally authorizes independent auto repair shops to service and repair your vehicle right from the showroom floor WITHOUT it affecting your warranty!
Now that you have some insight into the assumption that taking your car to the dealership is better than taking it to J&C Auto Repair in Downers Grove, IL, we can tell you the ADDITIONAL benefits of choosing J&C Auto Service:
Benefits of Bringing Your Car to J&C Auto Service:
1. We want your car to be repaired and run well. We are passionate about repairing and maintaining automobiles. After all, this is the main focus of our business! The dealerships, on the other hand, are in the business of selling cars. Their main focus and income does not come from keeping your car running reliable for 200,000+ miles, they would rather sell you a new car than repair the one you have!
2. Our business is based around customer service. We are dedicated to building great relationships with customers, so you can count on a better, more customized experience. By nature, much of our business comes from word-of-mouth referrals, so we want to make sure your experience with us is easy, convenient and enjoyable. Plus, we value the relationships we build ñ it makes our workday more fun to see familiar faces and happy customers!
3. We offer a rewards program which has you earning a point for every dollar that you spend with us, you then accumulate points and receive certificates/coupons to use for future service. We also offer a 24-hour vehicle drop-off. We want to help make your experience easier. Some extra services that we offer are online appointment scheduling, and free local shuttle services so you donít have to wait around for your repairs.
While itís clear by now that we recommend customers choose to get their cars serviced and repaired here at J&C Auto Service in Downers Grove, IL instead of the dealership, we hope the information laid out here is beneficial in helping you make your own decision.