As we emerge from the dreary days of winter, we can start thinking about the beauty and excitement of some of the amazing wonders of the mountains in the western United Statesand Canada. One of the most breathtaking scenes in the world is the Canadian Rocky Mountain Range in western Canada. This fall Viking Travel is sponsoring a 9 day tour of these most spectacular mountains – September 10th to 18th. For two consecutive days, the tour will wind its way through the peaks and passes of the Canadian Rockies aboard the Rocky Mountaineer Railway. Some highlights of the trip are:
- Welcome dinner in Calgary, Alberta – Canada’s picturesque mountain province and overnight in the Stampede City.
- Motor to Banff in a luxurious coach to the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel and spend half the day in the seeing the incredible sites surrounding Lake Louise. Stay overnight at the famous hotel.
- After breakfast included at the hotel, drive onto the Athabasca Glacier and the Columbia Icefield, one of the largest accumulations of ice south of the Arctic Circle.
- Drive to Jasper in the heart of the mountains and stay overnight. Tour the region with mountain peaks, many of which are among the highest in North America.
- Board the Rocky Mountaineer train for two days of unbelievable vistas in the heart of the Continental Divide. Overnight in Kamloops, British Columbia and the continuation of the trip toward the beauty of the Western Canadian scene – Vancouver, British Columbia – on the west coast. Overnight in Vancouver.
- Take a full day tour of Victoria, British Columbia the capital of the province and considered the most “British” city in the west outside London, England. Return to Vancouver and enjoy a farewell dinner at the hotel before departure for home the following morning.
Included are all breakfasts, two lunches and two special dinners – welcome and farewell. Viking is seeking group airfares with a minimum of 15 passengers needed. See the attached brochure detail for prices and specifics about the tour.
Call Laura Lukasik at Viking Travel – 630-321-1664 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book your seat.